Thursday 20 September 2012

The Closet Covet....

I'm in disgrace. The sample sale yesterday was a dismal disappointment and I feel like I let you all down. How could I? Should I have known? Why me.....

OK, wallowing over because I have redeemed myself in SPECTACULAR style. I don't know why I'm sharing it really because, quite frankly, I want everything on here for myself.
Versace silk crepe cocktail dress
http://sophias-closet-2.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/aa-versace-silk 
Now, how to describe www.sophias-closet.com? 'Discount website' is far too dismissive and 'designer boutique' would scare you off immediately, for fear that your credit card could not handle the treasures you'd find. 

OK, let me set the scene. Imagine you stumble in to a shop- a pretty little space on a quaint side street, with mannequins in the window that make the cast of Sex and the City look like hobos. Naturally, you want everything and, just as you are contemplating forgoing next month's rent in order to get your hands on a divine fuschia Versace dress, you notice the price tag. £250? You know that a beautifully tailoired blend of silk and chiffon like this is going for £800 in Bond Street's finest stores and you quickly bundle the dress to the counter and avoid eye contact with the sales girl, terrified that at any moment she will realise there has been some terrible mistake and order you out of the shop and back to the highstreet, where you belong.
Well, Sophia's closet is that very scenario- and in this case you can shop at ease, knowing that the prices are no mistake, just some divine treat from the fashion gods!

I love it because it is simple. It's a one-stop-shop for all your label needs. You'll find patent Louboutin pumps alongside beautifully crafted Louis Vuitton totes and Cavalli animal print...perhaps you'll need the Burberry trench to go over it...or an Elle Macpherson for underneath....whatever your wardrobe is crying out for, Sophia seems to have it. If you fancy a change you can even sell your own designer pieces through the site and raise cash for another shopping spree! What's not to love?!
So now you know how it works, here's some of my favourite finds to get you started:
    Just Cavalli Silk Scarf
    http://www.sophias-closet.com/
  • A half price Just Cavalli silk scarf. Scarves are fantastic designer investments as they are so versatile- this Autumn it'll immediately upgrade any highstreet coat and look divine knotted above a simple blouse. Why not tie it around the handles of your favourite bag or go rockabilly by wrapping it around your bouffant? So many possibilities for so little cash.

    Marc Jacobs Shoulder Bag
    http://www.sophias-closet.com/
  • This Marc Jacobs bag may be pre-loved but it looks like it's in fab condition. and I had to read the price over and over again to believe it. You save £670 on this beauty! That is not a mis-print! GO, GO, GO!
Black and gold is the ultimate classic so it's another one that will see you through countless outfits. Ohhh and the durable chain handles and spacious body mean it's actually useful too!  



  • Haute Hippie Ostrich Dress
    http://sophias-closet-2.myshopify.com/collections/dresses/products/black-feathers
    I'm furious that I have ever spent over £100 on a high street evening dress. Probably a poorly stitched number that two other girls were wearing and was banished to the back of my wardrobe as soon as I got home. This Haute Hippie Ostrich cocktail dress is my favourite in Sophia's heavenly closet. It is playful yet demure and will go with just about everything. Oh god, I just realised how much I want it.
  • Finally, I'm still reeling at the saving on these BRAND NEW Crisian & McCaffery black python pumps. The gold plaque on the sole and textured feel mean that onlookers will spot your designer status a mile off- and they won't know that you got them for less than half price. Again, I've chosen these because they will blend in with your existing collection so seamlessly and can be adapted for so many occasions. Perfection.
Crisian & McCaffery python pumps
 http://sophias-closet-2.myshopify.com/collections/shoes/products/1-python


Disclaimer: I do not own any of these images, they have all been taken from www.sophias-closet.com
I have not been asked or prompted in any way to promote this website or any of its content, I simply like the clothes- and prices- I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment